Monday, January 17, 2011

What the heck CCBC?

So, earlier today I got a call saying that my classes that are meant to start Tuesday are postponed til the 21st of February. This on account of the fancy new building not being ready yet.

Ok, so I am taking carpentry classes at a community collage trade school. As a step in my grand plan of eventually owning my own farm. I already have the skills to be an apprentice I'm just getting that silly paperwork that says I do (grrr).

That is all great and whatnot, I mean, I generally don't count myself as a complainer (so you know some complaining is about to go down) but what the heck guys!? You call me two days before classes are set to start telling me they wont start til over a month from now? When I told folks they were said things like, "lucky you! I have to go back Wednesday it blows." If I was going to normal school collage then perhaps I would agree. School does sometimes blow. I did sometimes enjoy the material but there was always that time when all your papers and projects would line up on the same weekend... bleeeh.

However, this school fits me just fine and apart from the long days and sore back, I enjoy the work and they give us a lot of freedom on our projects (Last term I got to build a working trebuchet). So, toward the end of this vacation I was really starting to look forward to heading back.

Raw. Wicked raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment